Many Legal Aid organizations in Michigan can help low-income individuals with their legal needs.
What should I know about legal aid in Michigan?
Some of the services that Legal Aid organizations may provide include:
– helping you fill out and file court forms,
– giving you information about your legal rights,
– representing you in certain types of court hearings, and
– providing referrals to other agencies or attorneys.
These organizations do not provide services in every area of law. However, they may be able to help you with common civil legal problems such as:
– family law,
– consumer issues,
– public benefits,
– wills and estates, and
– elder law.
To find Legal Aid organizations in Michigan, you can:
– visit the website of the Michigan Legal Help Program at michiganlegalhelp.org/find-legal-aid.
We hope this information has been useful to you.